Client: Network Rail Ltd
Project: Scheme Project Management and Project Management services on the Tram Train Project
In 2014 through until 2017, our MD worked as part of a small team of individuals within Network Rail to help deliver this relative small, but demanding project for the DfT.
The project was to electrify 3.5 miles of existing track to 750V DC, extend 2 existing platforms at Rotherham Station, build a new tramstop at Parkgate and to make a connection to the existing Supertram network.
Some of the areas we supported the project on were as follows:
- Day to Day Scheme Project Management duties (circa 1 year)
- Administering the Learning outcomes of the project, this was a DfT core objective of the project
- Part of a small team to help deliver the TWA for the Tinsley Chord connection to the Supertram network
- Management of individuals responsible for the Product Approvals and Deviations process
- Taking part in Infrastructure IDC’s and IDR’s
- Close liaison with the Design and Construction companies
- Supporting the Network Rail Project Sponsor
Duties were carried out in Network Rails office in York and Doncaster, along with supporting the project on site in Rotherham. For the last year on the project the work was carried out in our offices in Derby.